SPC flooring stands for Stone Plastic Composite, is the most durable waterproof vinyl flooring option on the market. Known for being 100% waterproof with unparalleled durability, these engineered luxury vinyl planks use advanced technologies to beautifully mimic natural wood and stone at a lower price point. SPC’s signature rigid core is virtually indestructible, making it an ideal choice for high-traffic and commercial environments.
It seems like just yesterday that WPC vinyl was the new talk-of-the-industry flooring product. I mean, to be honest, it’s only been the “it” thing for the last few years, which is still considered pretty new in the flooring world.
I’ve spoken before about the technological revolution transcending into flooring. It sounds crazy, right? Like, flooring doesn’t really seem like something technical, but manufacturing and waterproof properties really are. And they just continue to expand and evolve.
“What makes SPC different is its solid core that gives the floor superior indentation resistance, and it doesn’t need to acclimate before it’s installed. It can handle wide temperature ranges so you can leave your house, shutting off the heat and AC with peace of mind. SPC withstands all of life’s moments.”
You can install SPC rigid core luxury vinyl flooring on any level, over almost any existing (hard surface) subfloor and for any amount of traffic.
Pros of Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Flooring
- It’s 100% waterproof: This is the trademark of SPC flooring. It’s perfect for household, business owners, pets and water-prone areas.
- Perfect for imperfect subfloors: This is the other trademark of SPC rigid core luxury vinyl flooring. Almost vinyl floor great for uneven subfloors, but SPC rigid core is specially designed for these types of situations, engineered to be installed over any existing hard surface, including tile.
- Ultra-durable: SPC vinyl flooring is the toughest, most durable vinyl flooring option on the market.
- Realistic wood and stone looks: Seriously, vinyl is changing. Rapidly. The top-end vinyl floors mimic natural materials better than ever before. SPC vinyl is the best of the best, which means the looks are usually incredibly convincing and beautiful.
- Zero maintenance: All you need is the occasional vacuum and damp mop to keep your floor looking fabulous.
- Kiss the phthalates goodbye: Many of our SPC flooring options are phthalate-free. Just check the product highlights to be sure.
- No expansion/contraction: One big worry for traditional wood flooring is expansion and contraction causing shifting or buckling in the floor. Rigid core does not expand or contract, even when moisture is present.
- Easy, DIY installation: Rigid core luxury vinyl tiles and planks are easy to install yourself with most options interlocking and floating over your existing surface.
- Sound absorbent: The SPC core of rigid core luxury vinyl flooring helps absorb sound, making it great for second story businesses.
- Extra warmth: SPC rigid core is known for providing extra warmth, especially compared to cold ceramic tile.